About Me

My photo
Surrey, B.C., Canada
I have always been an avid reader and history has always been a passion of mine. I am a huge historical fiction fan, who also enjoys reading gothic tales with chills and thrills, mystery and suspense and who loves stepping back in time..... A quote I once read stated: I don't live in the past..the past lives in me!.. Perhaps that's why I am a Family History/Genealogy Addict too!

Monday 8 April 2013

Book Review - The Forgotten Queen (Warrior Queen Series) by Haley Elizabeth Garwood


The Forgotten Queen (Warrior Queen Series)
by Haley Elizabeth Garwood
Genre: Historical Fiction
Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: The Writers Block; 1 edition (January 1, 1998)
Purchased from Amazon.co.uk
My rating: 4 out of 5

 AN EXCELLENT LOOK AT THE INTIGUING LIFE OF EMPRESS MATILDA


This historical novel is about Empress Matilda, Countess of Anjou and rightful heir to the throne of England. Her father was King Henry 1st., her grandfather was William the Conqueror her son becomes King Henry 2nd., one of Englands most powerful and loved monarchs. The story tells of Matilda's struggle against 12th century prejudice towarded women as ruler's, her gain of power through her determination and strenghts and her struggle through the love and betrail of the man who takes the crown from her. Haley Elizabeth Garwood tells a very important story of one of the most intriguing women in British history.  I look forward to reading the rest of this authors historical novels about women who effected British history as Matilda had done.
My only complaint was the story was a little choppy and there were time spands which seemed to be skipped over. I sometimes found myself flipping back to see if I missed something. But this is a minor complaint and did not take away from this fasinating story. I found I could not put this book down and read in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment