About Me

My photo
Surrey, B.C., Canada
I have always been an avid reader and history has always been a passion of mine. I am a huge historical fiction fan, who also enjoys reading gothic tales with chills and thrills, mystery and suspense and who loves stepping back in time..... A quote I once read stated: I don't live in the past..the past lives in me!.. Perhaps that's why I am a Family History/Genealogy Addict too!

Friday 22 February 2013

My Addictions are taking over my life!


I need help here...
I love reading the very interesting and amusing posts on my group sites on FaceBook.  First there's my own group the Historical &Timeslip Novels Book Club,  which is always interesting, there are great discussions and members recommend great books (my TBR pile is massive!).  Then, there are the groups I also belong to.  History Melting Pot for instance, the interesting posts on this site can keep me reading all day.  The History Novel Society , which is a bit more serious but has great discussions from many Historical Novel writers.  There is also the British History and Drama Group; Not as busy, but still interesting.  Of course not to forget two of my favourite authors FB sites, Susanna Kearsley and Barbara Erskine.

Let's not forget Newsfeed where there are more interesting posts from writers, book lovers, book sites and of course friends.
With all of these to read, not to mention the great Blogs I follow, I'm finding it hard to just sit and read a book!  How does everyone do it, that's what I'd like to know?

I need to start reading my TBR pile of books not to mention I want to get my book reviews on here too!  I'm also taking two lecture courses, (for interest), one on the Art of Reading and another on Medieval British History - from Arthur to the Tudors

OK everyone, I want to know:  How do you manage to Blog, FB, Write, Read and have a life?

4 comments:

  1. I keep everything short....don't agonise over what you write on your blog. Limit your time on FB...really no need to stay on that long BECAUSE you have reading to do!! lol
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete